PAX Prime is already starting with a BANG! During an Indie Developer presentation at the Nindies@Night event held by Nintendo of America on Thursday evening in Seattle, WA, there was some exciting news confirmed. PAX Prime officially begins today, but Nintendo welcomed guests to experience some Nindies before things got started.
Over the past few days, there have been rumors of a new secret amiibo coming, and Thursday evening Nintendo and Yacht Club Games unveiled the new Shovel Knight amiibo!
As you can see, it is a high quality figure, and many Shovel Knight fans will be delighted to know that this amiibo will become available soon. They had been working on the figure for more than a year, and it was very difficult to keep the secret the entire time.
Not only can Shovel Knight guard your desk and party with the other amiibo in your collection, but it also unlocks new ways to play the game you already love! Shovel Knight brings two-player co-op to the Wii U, and will unlock additional challenges and customization options across both the Wii U and 3DS!
Let’s break it down:
Cooperative Multiplayer (exclusive to Wii U)!
- Join a friend’s Shovel Knight campaign and shovel together!
- Use new cooperative moves to help each other out along the way!
- Level up by defeating enemies and finding treasure!
- Earn all-new relics, abilities, and powers you never thought possible!
- Customize the look of your Shovel Knight with cool and crazy cosmetic options!
- Use your custom amiibo seamlessly between 3DS and Wii U!
Exclusive Challenge Stages!
- Battle your way through amiibo exclusive challenge stages that take advantage of the new amiibo relics and abilities!
One amiibo, multiple games
- We plan to continue support of the Shovel Knight amiibo in future Yacht Club Games and Nintendo products! Stay tuned to amiibo.com for compatibility details in new games.
Are you excited to see the new Shovel Knight amiibo? Will he be joining your collection when he becomes available? Does the use of his amiibo satisfy your desire for its functionality?
As always, gaming is meant to be fun, so keep gaming!!